An EMDR Consultant is an approved EMDR Practitioner with additional training and experience that is able to undertake the tasks of consultation or supervision of EMDR Practitioners.
EMDR Europe considers that the role of the EMDR Consultant plays a pivotal part in the future development of EMDR no more so than in the accreditation process itself. EMDR Consultants have a key responsibility in maintaining quality assurance and high standards of practice in EMDR. As a consequence, EMDR Consultants need to demonstrate their considerable EMDR clinical experience and expertise. In addition, they must demonstrate their supervision, consultation and teaching skills.
EMDR Europe Practitioners seeking accreditation as a Consultant must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants need to have a minimum of three years experience as an EMDR Europe Practitioner
- Treated a broad range of clients of varying diagnoses and complexity
- Completed a minimum of 400 EMDR sessions
- Treated a minimum number of 75 clients utilising EMDR since becoming an EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner.
- Demonstrate competency in the provision of EMDR clinical supervision/ consultation (This will ordinarily be a minimum of 20 hours)
- Participate in regular clinical supervision of ongoing EMDR clinical work
- Have a certificate of competency from undertaking an approved EMDR Europe Consultants training on behalf of EMDR National Organisations
- Have undertaken a minimum of 30 hours EMDR Continuous Professional Development (CPD) since becoming an EMDR Europe Practitioner
- Submitted a minimum of three DVD’s or in-vivo sessions of an EMDR clinical session, an individual EMDR clinical Supervision session and of a Group EMDR Clinical Supervision
Accreditation processing is done through your local EMDR National Association, which will have a specific committee responsible for dealing with EMDR Europe Accreditation applications from its members.
Disclaimer: EMDR Europe accredits the Consultants as reaching the above standards but cannot accept responsibility for the competence of these Consultants.
Eva Muenker Kramer – Coordinator
Gus Murray – Vice Chair